Whether I’m doing intense workouts to get beach ready or just doing a few casual workouts, stylish activewear never ceases to motivate me.
I’m always on the hunt for luxe athleisure and fun fitness wear. Recently, I found out about International yoga teacher/wellness expert/founder of YogaMedicine.com Tiffany Cruikshank and global fashion brand, Liquido Active’s collection. I’m so in love the collection’s boho chic vibe.
Here are three outfits I’ve styled together:
Liquido Active by Tiffany Cruikshank is limited edition and features colorful yoga leggings, classic sports bras, and sexy tops (I absolutely love open backs!). This collection ranges from $31 – $81. Shop it here.
I had the fabulous opportunity to interview Tiffany, get expert tips, and of course…learn all about her new stylish collection. Here’s the skinny…
I have studied yoga & holistic medicine since I was 14 years old. I apprenticed with an herbalist and then an acupuncturist while I was in high school and college, then went on to Chinese Medicine school and continued on to complete a specialty in sports medicine. For me, Yoga Medicine is the culmination of my life’s study.
It is really exciting to be able to bring together both of my passions in one place with Yoga Medicine. My main purpose was to create a connection with yoga in our medical system. Our teacher trainings are 1000-hours and it is meant to be like medical school for yoga teachers, in order for those studying to understand the fusion of holistic health and yoga with western medicine & anatomy/physiology to create a more powerful system of treatment.
Why did you and Liquido Active decide to create this collection?
We created this collection to be bold and confident, specifically designed to make women who like to integrate fashion and fitness into their lifestyle, to feel confident and bold while wearing it.
My collaboration with Renata Facchini of Liquido was to conceptualize and design an exclusive range of limited edition prints that would inspire and change the lives of women around the world.
Yoga Medicine and Liquido both advocate for socially conscious fashion, and not only is this line is functional; it is also making such a positive impact on the world. Yoga Medicine is doing a service project with children in Calcutta to educate them and prevent them from being trafficked into the sex industry there.
When I was designing the line, Liquido Active got wind of the project and wanted to get involved so they are giving a portion of the proceeds from my line to our project.
Each pair of leggings sold will support one girl’s education for two months. It’s a very sweet deal. Feel great, look great and empower women on the other side of the world to be powerful in their own way; through education.
Do you have a favorite piece from your collection?
The line represents different parts of my personality so it all depends on the day. The floral legging has a vintage feel that I love that taps into my more feminine, girly side. The Blue legging is my more edgy & athletic side, the paisley floral pattern is for my more playful mood and the tie dye is my more bohemian side, I love with one with a cutoff rock tee shirt or any of them with my tank & tee combo I designed.
I love open back shirts but I find most sports bras cover so much of the back that it almost seems pointless so I created a simple bra to leave the natural beauty of the back exposed. It’s an edgy slight off centered top that still feels very feminine & flirty highlighting just the right parts and leaving plenty to the imagination, which I think, makes it even sexier.
Plus, the fabric on the tank is so soft and comfortable it just might be your favorite top in your closet! It’s definitely not limited to your workout wear.
What do you love most about yoga?
I love that my yoga practice and be used in so many ways to heal or strengthen to inspire or transform on so many levels. That it can be whatever you need that day physically, mentally and spiritually, just by being mindful to how we approach our practice and being open to continuing to learn & grow in the process.
Can you share a few top health/wellness tips on pursuing a balanced lifestyle?
– Never forget how important something simple like water is to your health. Check out the book, You’re Not Sick, You’re Just Thirsty.
– Be conscious of everything you put into your body as a tool to feed your performance, healthy & vitality. Think of your body as a machine, what are you feeding it?
– Be conscious of everything you feed your mind. Our perspective is shaped by everything we do & see & experience. Try ending your day by reflecting on 3 great things that happened every day for week and notice how your perspective changes.
– Keep an ongoing list of goals as a recurring event in your phone to keep you on track and to remind you of your purpose so you don’t get lost in the details along the way. Keep clarifying your purpose in work, family and life as you go to keep you inspired. Reflecting on what is your unique contribution to your community?
– Notice the things you don’t do and how that affects your health & wellness. We spend so much time focusing on our goals & to do lists but it’s also really important to take time to rest and relax. Do less in order to give your body and mind a break to restore and repair yourself — whether that’s a relaxing bath, time to meditate or spending time with someone you love without an agenda.
I’ve been super busy lately and I’m starting to slack on this whole keeping a balanced lifestyle thing. I’m definitely taking notes on Tiffany’s lifestyle tips to help me get back on track. How do you keep a balanced lifestyle? I’d love to hear your tips! Comment or tweet me @SkinnyAffair <3.